Workshops & Schools
Are you or your students looking for a deeper insight into the playwriting and theatre-making process?
I have extensive experience helping young people develop new work and gain writing skills. I have many years of experience working with young people in urban and rural environments, both Australian and internationally.
- Seeking a masterclass in characterisation or setting?
- Looking for a mentor or dramaturg for a senior student’s major work?
- Needing an individual monologue tailor-written for a senior student?
- Considering a writer in residence to create a new work, in collaboration with students, over a semester?
- Wanting to organise a Zoom Q&A about one of my works?
The two hour group sessions flew by with Jess at the helm. Jess has a natural ability to make people feel comfortable within their voice and writing practise. The theory component and writing exercises were always interesting and appealing for us inspiring playwrights.
Our one on one sessions were the highlight of working with Jess. On the alternate week we worked on my new show, applications and other pieces. This one on one mentoring was invaluable in my creative practise as an aspiring playwright. Jess always had great feedback and creative direction to ultimately improve me as a writer.